Welcome to the Trouvaille Blog! This blog was originally created in 2018 as a travel blog for my Wanderschooling (homeschooling while traveling), but as of September 2020 it is a food blog of sorts.
The posts will be my review of the recipe, process, and result of meals that I cook for Culinary Arts credit. I cook two recipes on Mondays and generaly have a post up that Friday.
Below you will find links to my 5 latest posts but if you wish to see older ones, click on the Posts link at the top of the page. Happy Reading!
– Matia (Creator and Author)
- Week 9: Vegan Taquitos and ChurrosThe Taquitos were from the Counts of the Netherworld Food Blog, and the Churros were from the Food Network I had never really eaten either of these before so both were experiments. The first step was very similar to last … More Week 9: Vegan Taquitos and Churros
- Week 8: Stuffed Potato Cakes with Baked Apple Pie Rice Paper RollsThe stuffed potato cakes recipe is from the Ela Vegan Blog, and the Apple Pie Rolls are from Offically Gluten Free. For the potato cakes I peeled some small yellow potatoes and chopped them before placing them in boiling water … More Week 8: Stuffed Potato Cakes with Baked Apple Pie Rice Paper Rolls
- Week 7: Pad See Uw and Mango Sticky RiceIn 2018 my mother and I went to Thailand. My hometown has more Thai restaraunts than any other cuisine so we weren’t strangers to the food but it was really fun to compare how the same dish in different regions … More Week 7: Pad See Uw and Mango Sticky Rice
- Week 6: Chicken, Corn, and Black Bean Enchiladas with Tomatillo Salsa. For dessert, Citrus Avocado Mousse CakeThe enchilada recipe is from Andrew Weil’s, True Food and the dessert is from Stephen and David Flynn’s, The World of the Happy Pear. I made the cake on Tuesday and we ate it on Wednesday to celebrate my birthday. … More Week 6: Chicken, Corn, and Black Bean Enchiladas with Tomatillo Salsa. For dessert, Citrus Avocado Mousse Cake
- Week 5: Chicken Dumplings with Cilantro-Za’atar Sauce. For dessert, Chocolate CustardThe main dish this week was from Andrew Weil’s, True Food and the dessert was from Real Life Paleo, by Stacy Toth and Matthew McCarry. I started the custard around noon. I whisked together a can of coconut milk, homemade … More Week 5: Chicken Dumplings with Cilantro-Za’atar Sauce. For dessert, Chocolate Custard